Friday, October 14, 2011
"It's Alive!" Project
Get ready for the 2nd Annual Dias De Los Muertos And Monster Factory Exhibition!
This year local and national artists where invited to interpet their own vision of Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster. 80 busts were handed out and each artist was given free reign to bring to life their own interpretation of one of horror films most iconic characters. The busts will be on display at the City Arts Factory in downtown Orlando and sales of the busts will benefit the St Jude
Children's Research Hospital.
The exhibit will be opening on Thursday, October 20, 2011 and showing until Saturday, November 11, 2011
Admission to the public is Free..
The simultaneous exhibitions will feature the artwork & murals of both local and international artists in the theme of Dia de los muertos and Monsters (Halloween).
Opening night will include:
- "'Till Death do us part” : a Dia de los Muertos Wedding of Abdias Ernesto Garcia & Carolina Suarez-Garcia
- Sugar Skull procession on Pine St
- LIVE Music provided by Tacatantan! Records
- The “It’s Alive Project”: Frankenstein's Monster busts by renowned artists from around the World (Sponsored by Reynold's Advanced Materials)
- Salvador Live's Dynamic Paint show
- Master of Ceremonies: Mandaddy from Gargamel
- Donation Beverage bar provided by City Beverages
- Sugar Skull & Monster Face Painting throughout.
I was fortunate enough to participate in this year's event submitting,as luck would have it,a Dia De Los Muertos themed bust for the "Its Alive!" Project.
Come on out and enjoy the festivities,buy a bust and help support a worthy cause..it will make ya feel great and you will get a cool,one of a kind bust for your home! With 80 artisits participating you will be sure to find a bust to your liking.
Posted by Juan R. Leõn at 7:02 AM