Monday, May 9, 2016

News and what not...


 7/22/17

 Been a minute since my last post...
So what's going on?
Music...that's what. Doing a few shows with Jupiter Groove in the next few weeks. I am also having a Kahler Bass Trem installed on mt 6 string Ibanez SoundGear. Yup..Dan is kinda freaking out! I wanted a special tuning for this bass...so I got a hold of Tim Pfouts once again, over at S.I.T. Strings. They have been fulfilling my string needs for the last 4 years now and I am exceedingly happy. What I want for this particular 6 string was an extended range tuning. I wanted to tune up to a high "F". So my bass would be tuned as follows:
E (90)
A (70)
D (50)
G (30)
C (25)
F  (20)
I wanted super light gauge strings (my preference) and no low "B" string as the bass will have a trem system and the "flop" wouldn't be very musical. Besides, I'm no fan of the "B" string anyway! Once again Tim and his team delivered. They sent me a super light (.025) round wound "C" and I obtained a super light (.020) round wound "F" Snakeskins String from Conklin Guitars and Basses. Incidentally, Snakeskins Strings are also made by S.I.T. for Conklin exclusively. That made me super duper happy as I really wanted to stay with S.I.T. all the way.

                        

 5/9/16

 Spent 3 productive days in the studio with my band mates in Jupiter Groove last weekend. We were able to track 13 tunes in about 1 and 1/4 days! The rest of the time was dedicated to punches,overdubs,layering..etc. We recorded  the tracks in Gibsonton, FL. at The Parsonage Recording Studio with owner/producer Jeff Knauff at the helm. I got to use my new Sire V7 (which sounded AMAZING), my Dean Rhapsody 12 string,an Ibanez SR 506,and my Squire Vin Mod Jazz Bass Fretless. Dan brought an army of axes with him, including his trusty Parker Flys, an Ibanez 7 string, and a Rogue Electric Sitar. even an acoustic (a Martin, I believe) made it onto the tracks. Ralph dragged in his mighty Pearls..a massive set actually, to lay down the funkygressive grooves. We are now in the process of going through every track, one by one, getting levels, fine tuning, etc. Look for a Summer/Fall release!

No comments: